Amblyline contains the predatory mite, Amblyseius cucumeris, which is used to control a range of pests including most species of Thrips , Broad mites, and Cyclamen mite. Amblyseius cucumeris can also feed on pollen which allows for effective long-term control in absence of prey.
Target Crops » All indoor and outdoor crops
Target Pest »Thrips, Broad Mite & Cyclamen Mite
Target Life Stage » Juvenile
Delivery Systems » Sachets, Tubes & Bags
- Targets a wide range of thrips species.
- Long history of highly effective use against thrips larvae.
- Disperses quickly throughout the crop.
- Applicable for use in a wide range of crops.
- Amblyseius mites can also feed on pollen which allows for effective, long term control.
- Mites are not susceptible to diapause.
- Thrips (Western Flower Thrips, Chili Thrips)
- Broad mite
- Cyclamen mite
How It Works
- The formulation is carefully designed to increase the number of predatory Amblyseius cucumeris mites that are released onto the crop each day.
- Total Cucumeris mite development time at 24°C/75°F is 6-9 days. This development time complements the lifecycle of Western Flower Thrips.
- Optimum temperature range for Cucumeris mites is 66-80°F with humidity between 65%-75%.
- The beneficial mites feed on first larval stage (L1) and cannot attack larger larvae or adults.
- Release a breeding colony of mites onto the plant, even before the target pest is present. The breeding colony is contained within a small paper sachet, which is carefully designed to maintain the colony in good condition. Mites continue to emerge from sachets over several weeks and in much higher numbers than with a single broadcast release.
- An immediate and high dose of predatory mites. Good for quickly establishing a population of mites and providing an immediate defense for your crop.
Available delivery systems
Controlled release system (CRS) sachets
- The original sachet product.
- Large sachet gives perfect breeding environment.
- Trusted and reliable.
- Smaller sachets for more introduction points.
- Best used where the leaves of plants are not expected to touch or grow together.
- Best used in crops with overhead irrigation or where a horizontal wire or string exists
- Unique, patented, water-resistant twin sachet design with two predator-breeding compartments.
- Water runs off the outer surface which keeps the exit hole protected and makes the sachet more water resistant.
- There is no hook to get wet, so sachets remain on the plants.
- Water-resistant design allows for maximum emergence of predatory mites.
Sachets on a Stick
- Propagation is one of the most critical times for pest management. Mini sachets on a stick are ideal for effective pest prevention and control at this time.
- Labor savings versus weekly broadcast applications.
- Water-resistant sticks do not take any plug space away.
- Stick is round and small and can be used in any plug tray size.
- Can be applied in propagation at sticking or seeding line.
- Exit hole for mites is protected under waterproof.
- 6 x 100m strips of sachets.
- Unique, patented delivery system developed by Bioline to help growers reduce the manual labor associated with using sachets or applying loose material.
- Can be mechanically layered onto crop, saving up to eight labor hours per acre compared to using single sachets.
Unique design of Bugline ensures maximum emergence of BCAs even under stressful conditions.
- Works well in crops with overhead irrigation because water runs off the outer surface while the exit hole stays dry on the lower surface.
- Bugline is particularly useful in a cut flower operation such as cut chrysanthemums where Bugline can be placed on top of the crop support mesh wiring.
- For advice on recommended release rates, consult your technical specialist.
New Generation Bugline
- 6 x 100m strips of sachets made out of new high-performance material.
- New Generation Bugline has been designed specifically for use in cut Chrysanthemums. The sachet material and formulation have been carefully optimized to ensure maximum efficacy in this crop.
- The new paper type and formulation are combined with a New Generation Bugline Strategy to provide proven year-round results, even in hot summers!
Bulk Bags & Tubes
- Bulk bags and tubes provide an immediate dose of mites, offering immedaite protection to your crop.
- Available as loose material in 5L (5qt) bulk bags containing 125,000 mites
- Available as loose material in 1L (1qt) cardboard tubes containing 25,000 mites
Handling & Storage
Instructions for Sachets on a Stick
- Open shipping box of sachets within the crop.
- Separate sachets by tearing along perforations.
- Stick one sachet into each propagation tray, pot or shuttle tray.
- Place sachet stick into the plug tray or pot/rockwool cube and have sachet sit approximately 1/8” above the growing media.
- Mites will emerge for 4 to 8 weeks.
Instructions for CRS, Gemini or Mini Sachet Use
- Do not hang adjacent to heating pipes.
- Do not hang sachets where they will be directly exposed to intense sunlight.
- Open the shipping box of sachets in the crop.
- If required, separate sachets by tearing along perforations.
- Mites will emerge from sachets for up to six weeks.
Instructions for Loose Material
- Keep containers horizontal and cool until use.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight at any time.
- Immediately before opening, gently rotate the container to distribute mites evenly throughout the carrier material.
- Open each container in the crop when ready to use.
Storage and transport
- Keep out of direct intense sunlight.
- Transport and store at 10-15°C / 50-59°F and > 65% humidity.
- Use within 18 hours of receipt.
To learn about Pricing, Delivery, Returns, Refunds, and Shipping disclaimers and terms, please visit the Buying Policy page.