Aphiline Mixes contain different species of parasitic wasps to prevent and control more species of aphids.
Target Crops: All indoor and outdoor crops
Target Pest: Small and large aphids
Target Life Stage » Whole life cycle
Delivery Systems » Vials (250ml bottle/ 500 units)
-Aphiline Veg: Aphidius colemani, Aphidius ervi & Aphelinus abdominalis
-Aphiline Mix: Aphidius colemani & Aphidius ervi
Key Features of Aphiline
- Prevents aphid populations from developing and reduces moderate populations to non-damaging levels.
- Adults begin to emerge in transit, ready for immediate release.
- Not light sensitive – no diapause stage.
- Ventilation and food source available in packaging ensures adult survival in transit and storage.
- Suitable for all indoor and outdoor crops.
Pests that Aphiline Targets
How Aphiline Works
- The female wasp lays an egg within the aphid. The egg hatches within 2-3 days and the wasp larvae will feed on the aphid leaving a parasitized mummy on the plant.
- The colemani life cycle takes 10 days at 25°C / 77°F or 14 days at 21°C / 70°F.
- For preventive control, releases should be made weekly during periods when aphids are most likely to be found in the crop (usually in the spring or early summer).
- Where aphid colonies are already present, Aphiline can be used curatively at a higher rate, generally by releasing the parasites immediately adjacent to colonies.
- If no previous releases of Aphidius colemani have been made, aphid populations can grow rapidly and supplemental control methods may be needed.
- Continue using Aphiline preventively so aphid populations do not become a recurring problem.
- For advice on recommended release rates, consult the Bioline App.
Available delivery systems for Aphiline
- 125mL bottle containing 500 mummies.
Handling & Storage for Aphiline
Instructions for Aphiline Vials
- Open among plants in the greenhouse.
- With the vial held horizontally at 45° angle, carefully remove the lid.
- Release adult parasites evenly by gently tapping the opened vial while walking through the crop.
- Recap the vial and store at greenhouse temperature until more adults have hatched.
- Repeat the distribution of adults daily for 2-4 days.
- Place the open vial containing the remaining mummies upright in the crop for 3-4 days.
- Make introductions early in the day or in late afternoon/early evening.
Storage and transport of Aphiline
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- Transport and store at 6-10°C /43-50°F.
- Use within 18 hours of receipt.
Addition Information for Aphiline
Aphiline is available in the following units:
- 250 ml bottle
- Information is forthcoming.