Erviline product contains Aphidius ervi, a tiny braconid wasp that stings and parasitizes large species of aphid. In an optimum condition a female can parasitize about 300 aphids in her lifetime. Parasitism is manifested by immobility and swelling of the aphid, which eventually turns into a light-brown mummy from which a new parasitoid emerges by piercing around, regular opening. Erviline is a complementary product for Aphiline, together these products parasitize a wide range of aphid pests.
Target Crops » All crops
Target Pest » Large Aphid species
Target Life Stage » Adult
Delivery Systems » Vials
How It Works
- The female predatory wasp lays an egg in the aphid. The egg hatches within 2-3 days and the larva feeds on the aphid leaving a parasitized mummy on the plant.
- The Aphidius ervi life cycle takes approximately 14 days at 25°C / 77°F or 19 days at 21°C / 70°F.
- Where established aphid colonies are already present, the product may be used curatively at a higher rate, generally by releasing the predatory wasps immediately adjacent to the aphid colonies.
- If no previous releases of Aphidius ervi have been made, aphid pest populations can grow rapidly and supplemental control methods may be needed.
Available delivery systems
- 125ml vial containing purified mummies in sufficient quantity to yield 250 adults of Aphidius ervi.
- No carrier material is used, so emerging adults are able to fully expand their wings and can quickly reach the available food source without becoming exhausted by crawling through a shifting mass of bran or vermiculite particles.
Handling & Storage for Aphiline
Instructions for Aphiline Vials & Bottles
- Open among plants in the greenhouse.
- With the vial held horizontally at 45° angle, carefully remove the lid.
- Release adult parasites evenly by gently tapping the opened vial while walking through the crop.
- Recap the vial and store at greenhouse temperature until more adults have hatched.
- Repeat the distribution of adults daily for 2-4 days.
- Place the open vial containing the remaining mummies upright in the crop for 3-4 days.
- Make introductions early in the day or in late afternoon/early evening.
Instructions for Aphiline Blister Pack use
- Open the box in the greenhouse.
- Remove sheet of blister packs from the envelope, and separate along perforations.
- Bend the card forward slightly at the top of the blister, and pull the tab up.
- Hang opened blister onto leaf petioles within crop so it is in a shaded position.
Storage and transport of Aphiline
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- Transport and store at 6-10°C /43-50°F.
- Use within 18 hours of receipt.