Exhibitline Sc biological control agent contains the insect pathogenic nematode, Steinernema carpocapsae, as infective juveniles. It is used to control of Leatherjackets and Cutworms in turf.
Target Crops » All indoor and outdoor crops
Target Pest » Larval stages of several moths and beetles, Crane fly and Fungus gnat
Target Life Stage » Juvenile
Delivery Systems » Trays
- Steinernema carpocapsae will actively seek out host insects in the soil.
- Apply through ground sprayers or irrigation.
- Apply anytime whenever ground temperatures are above 12°C (54°F)
- Black vine weevil (Otiorhynchus sulcatus)
How It Works
- This harmless nematodes to crops, humans, the environment, and other beneficial insects, actively seek out host by swimming in the thin film of water on soil particles. They locate hosts by detecting carbon dioxide and other waste products. After locating pest larvae, nematode invades through natural body openings and injects bacteria into the insect. Bacteria develop within the insect and it dies of septicemia.
- Under optimum conditions, the insect can die within 12-24 hours. Insect mortality will depend on the environmental temperature. The minimum soil temperature should be 12°C (54°F) for nematodes to work most efficiently and the maximum soil temperature should be no more than 26°C (79°F).
Available delivery systems
- Exhibitline Sc is available in units of 50 million, 250 million entomopathogenic Steinernema carpocapsae nematodes in an inert carrier in sealed trays.
Handling & Storage
Instructions for use
- Apply early morning or late evening to minimize the effect of heat and sunlight. Turn off artificial lights which may dry plant surfaces too quickly.
- The soil surface should be moist at the time of application.
- Apply with at least 4 litres / m2 water if applied direct to soil.
- For drench applications over foliage use lower volumes of water and irrigate within 30 minutes of treatment with at least 1 litre/ m2 to wash nematodes off the leaves and below the soil surface.
- For optimum results, keep the soil moist for 3-4 weeks after application.
- The entire spray solution should be applied once mixed. Do not store for longer than 4 hours.
- Remove all fine filters in the tubing and at the nozzles. Use nozzles with at least 0.8 mm diameter.
- Keep nematode solution agitated continuously; alternatively add carboxy-methyl cellulose (wallpaper paste) at 0.4% w/v to prevent nematodes settling, mixture should still be used within 4 hours.
- Do not exceed a pump pressure of 20 bar/ 300psi, for Dosatron 6 bar/ 100psi.
- For detailed instructions on application techniques, download the technical sheet or consult your Bioline advisor for more information.
- Avoid mixing with pesticides and adjuvants (wetting agents) unless compatibility checked.
- Ask your supplier; otherwise avoid application 1 week before and 2 weeks after application of pesticides.
- DO NOT mix with fertilizers. However, fertilization directly before or after application will not be a problem.
Storage and transport
- Use as soon as possible upon delivery.
- Use the entire pack at one time.
- The product may be stored for a limited period of time at 4 to 8°C (39 to 46°F). (See expiry date on the package).
- DO NOT FREEZE.
- Store bags in a refrigerator without the box; In a cool storage room – open the carton but not the bag.