Exhibitline Hb (Heterohabditis bacteriophora) features the pathogenic nematode, Heterorhabditis bacteriophora. This predator is used for the control of black vine weevil (Otiorhyncus sulcatus ) larvae feeding on roots in the soil. This species is known to actively hunt for its prey and can be used for curative treatments to provide four weeks of continuous protection.
Target Crops » Vegetables, Ornamentals & Soft Fruits
Target Pest » Black vine weevil, strawberry root weevil, and Chafer grub in turf
Target Life Stage » Juvenile
Delivery Systems » Trays & Bags
- Provides at least 4 weeks of protection from black vine weevil and strawberry root weevil
- Provides effective curative control of Chafer grub in turf
- Heterorhabditis bacteriophora will actively seek out vine weevil and chafer grub larvae in the coil.
- Simple and safe to use.
- Apply through ground sprayers or irrigation
- Apply anytime whenever ground temperatures are above 12°C (54°F).
- Black vine weevil (Otiorhynchus sulcatus)
- Strawberry root weevil (Otiorynchus ovatus)
- Chafer grub (Phyllopertha horticola)
How It Works
- These Harmless to the crops, humans, the environment, and other beneficial insects, nematodes actively seek out pest by swimming in the thin film of water on soil particles. They locate hosts by detecting carbon dioxide and other waste products. After locating pest larvae, nematodes invade through natural body openings and inject bacteria into the insect. Bacteria develop within the insect and it dies of septicemia. Under optimum conditions, the insect can die within 12-24 hours. Insect mortality will depend on the environmental temperature. The minimum soil temperature should be 12°C for nematodes to work most efficiently and the maximum soil temperature should be no more than 26°C.
Available delivery systems
- Exhibitline Hb is available in units of 50 million, 250 million entomopathogenic Heterorhabditis bacteriophora nematodes in an inert carrier in sealed trays.
Handling & Storage
Instruction for use
- Apply early morning or late evening to minimize the effect of heat and sunlight. Turn off artificial lights which may dry plant surfaces too quickly.
- The soil surface should be moist at the time of application.
- Apply with at least 4 liters / m2 water if applied directly to the soil, for Chafer Grub 1,200 l/ha.
- For drench applications over foliage use lower volumes of water and irrigate within 30 minutes of treatment with at least 1 liter/ m2 to wash nematodes off the leaves and below the soil surface.
- For optimum results, keep the soil moist for 3-4 weeks after application.
- The entire spray solution should be applied once mixed. Do not store for longer than 4 hours.
- Remove all fine filters in the tubing and at the nozzles. Use nozzles with at least 0.8 mm diameter.
- Keep nematode solution agitated continuously; alternatively, add carboxy-methyl cellulose (wallpaper paste) at 0.4% w/v to prevent nematodes settling, the mixture should still be used within 4 hours.
- Do not exceed a pump pressure of 20 bar/ 300psi, for Dosatron 6 bar/ 100psi.
- For detailed instructions on application techniques, download the technical sheet or consult your Bioline advisor for more information.
For control of black vine weevil larvae (Otiorhynchus sulcatus).
- Routinely treat new material coming onto the nursery that may contain vine weevil larvae.
For control of chafer grub larvae (Phyllopertha horticola) in turf.
- Apply with at least 1,200 litres water / ha.
- Avoid mixing with pesticides and wetting agents unless compatibility checked.
- Ask your supplier otherwise, avoid application 1 week before and 2 weeks after application of pesticides.
- DO NOT mix with fertilizers. However, fertilization directly before or after application will not be a problem.
Storage and transport
- Use as soon as possible upon delivery.
- Use the entire pack at one time.
- The product may be stored for a limited period of time at 4 to 8°C (39 to 46°F). (See expiry date on the package).
- DO NOT FREEZE.
- Store bags in a refrigerator without the box; In a cool storage room – open the carton but not the bag.