Thripline is a proprietary product containing the aggregation pheromone of Western Flower Thrips,Frankliniellaoccidentalis. The product is designed to improve the sensitivity of monitoring traps for thrips.
Target Crops » Vegetables, Ornamentals & Berries
Target Pest » Western Flower Thrips (Frankliniella occidentalis)
Target Life Stage » Adult
Delivery Systems » Foil sachets
- Maximum sensitivity in thrips monitoring.
- Pheromone lure for Western Flower thrips causes thrips to be agitated to move to the top of the crop resulting in earlier detection and estimation of population size
- Fits well into a thrips ICM program with other biological control agentsand /or nematodes and chemical treatments.
- Western Flower thrips (Frankliniella occidentalis)
How It Works
- Thripline contains a synthetic version of a sexual aggression pheromone produced naturally by male occidentalis. It attracts both male and female thrips into mating aggregations. It will not attract thrips from outside of the general crop area.
- The pheromone is encapsulated in rubber lures (septa) and is released gradually over several weeks.
Available delivery systems
- Supplied as units of 10 lures (septa) sealed in foil bag.
Handling & Storage
Instructions for use
- Open a pack of sticky traps and the Thripline foil sachets of 10 lures (septa) in the crop.
- Hang traps 12-20 inches (30-50cm) above the top of the crop. Strip papers from both sides of each trap and apply a lure directly to sticky surface on lower part of the trap
- Use gloves before touching lures
- Place lure horizontally
- For monitoring purposes, use one lure for every 1,000 ft2 (40 traps/acre) with a sticky trap
- Enhance contact chemical control by luring thrips to surface. Hang 1 lure/1,000ft2 near greenhouse circulation fans for one hour before treatment. Remove lures after treatment for future use.
- Replace lures and traps every 3-4 weeks or more frequently if they become covered with thrips.
Storage and transport
- Lures (in sealed packages) can be kept in a refrigerator at about 39°F/4ºC for several weeks or months.
- They may be kept for up to two years at -0.4°F/-18ºC
- Once foil packets are open, use product immediately.